Saturday, November 19, 2011

WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THIS FALL

Hola Amigos!

I have been having an awesome fall. I have discovered some new stuff that I thought I'd share with you.

I have been Camp(ing) for sure. I have been lost in the woods for days. 

Childish Gambino's new album Camp just came out a few days ago. I listened to it on NPR almost non-stop in the days leading up to its release. It is simply amazing. I have to say that I really admire this guy. He is multi-talented and has a pretty large body of work. People probably know him best as Troy from the show Community (which NBC has stupidly shelved). His real name is Donald Glover and he is a bit of a renaissance man. I think he is an example of a young person who is changing what it means to be successful in this ever morphing industry. His music has an modern sound, he is a gifted actor/comedian and a writer. I encourage everyone to pick up this record, grab a bottle of whiskey, light a fire and enjoy.


If you were a fan of Little Britain, prepare yourself for something laugh out loud hysterical. Now I get that a lot of Americans don't like or understand British humor. But this show is too good. It is not outwardly vulgar, but they do play up stereotypes in a way that probably wouldn't fly on this side of the pond. The costumes and make up are damn impressive as is the writing and production value. I am constantly surprised by Matt Lucas and David Walliams commitment to the characters they play. Check out Season 1 Episode 3 for a wonderful little surprise...




If you are under the age of 30 and live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area then you are very familiar with 89.3 The Current, which is easily the best radio station in existence.  So this is mostly for those of you who do not live in the Twin Cities. If you are a music lover and a fan of NPR then I encourage you to check out their website here and stream them 100% free. The current is a non-profit member supported radio and it has a reputation of playing the best most diverse selection of music. My only warning is that while this radio station is very good about playing different genres, if you are a strict top 40, hip-pop, club music fan, then this station might not be for you. However, for anyone looking to discover new music and learn a bit about the artists, look no further than this awesome radio station..




WHAT ARE YOU GETTING INTO THIS FALL?

No comments:

Post a Comment