Tuesday, June 21, 2011

OUT OF TOUCH...

Hello!

It has been a while since my last blog post, that is because I got a new job. It is not necessarily my dream job, but my new boss is nice and my co-works are pretty relaxed so I think it will work out in the end. There is a Bright Eyes lyric I came across that read,

"I'd rather be working for a pay check then waiting to win the lottery." 

I don't generally like Bright Eyes, I have seen then live a few times and they always failed to impress me. That being said, these lyrics resonate. In fact, I am getting ready to head to Sally's Beauty Supply to begin my shift in a few minutes.

I might not have the resources, connections or ability to find my dream film job at the moment, but that doesn't mean I am going to sit around and brood about it. Anyone who was ever famous spent time working a less than glamourous job. I considering this job a part of paying my dues. As painful as it is, I just try to believe that learning about beauty supplies will help me in the long run. Hey, who knows, maybe my textbook knowledge of hair dye and boar hair brushes will come in handy on a film set someday.

I have a new twitter. Look me up! ndavis_film.

No comments:

Post a Comment