Sunday, February 2, 2014

Philip Seymour Hoffman: Hollywood Titan

Philip Seymour Hoffman
(1967-2014)

You've heard the news. If you're a fan, you're probably having a hard time imagining Hollywood without one of its all time greats. Philip Seymour Hoffman is one of those actors who gave legitimacy to the craft and to America's film business as a whole. With a massive range, and an active avoidance of all things celebrity, he was a man who commanded respect and honor and elevated all those around him.

But, I am a firm believer that when a man's time comes, it is better to celebrate their life than it is to mourn their death. Hoffman is a person who, in his short 46 years, has accomplished so many things worth celebrating. Many of his films rank in my top films of all time. Below is a list of my favorite moments from Philip Seymour Hoffman's career. Please add your own in the comments section below.


1) Almost Famous
"Uncool"


2) Boogie Nights
"I'm an idiot" 



3) The Big Lebowski
"Little Lebowski Urban Achievers"



4) Doubt
"Is gossiping a sin?" 


5) Capote
"I did everything I could."




6) Along Came Polly
"I'm your daddy."


7) Charlie Wilson's War
"Water goes over a dam and under a bridge..."




Rest in peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment