Sunday, July 17, 2011

STOP MOTION GEM!

I made this stop motion animation a few years ago. I decided I wanted to do something a little lighter, a little more fun.

I have done several stop motion animations in my day and most of them had a pretty serious tone. That might seem counter-intuitive because when most people think about stop motion, they think of the Fantastic Mr. Fox or The Nightmare Before Christmas. They think of cartoons, and think they are simply fun kids movies. But if one looks deeper into stop motion films you will see that it is a great medium for saying important things. The Fantastic Mr. Fox is a great example of that. People approach the film feeling unthreatened and are therefore more receptive to a message.

But this stop motion animation is not like that....


My Last Stogie
Animated by: Nicole Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment