Thursday, August 11, 2011

GETTING TO KNOW MY D70

I am still in the process of figuring out my new Nikon D70. Today I decided to drive about 20 minutes away from my hometown to the country side. It is a beautiful summer day and I was feeling inspired. Although after struggling with exposure in the noon day sun, I decided to cut my day short. But, for me, any photo expedition that results in 1 decent picture is worth it. So here is one I really liked.

These bulls were not pleased by my presence. They stared me down as I approached their enclosure. I took a hand full of images, but I decided I was too far away to get anything good and I didn't dare get closer. I love animals, especially awesome looking farm animals, but these things were huge.

The image is not worth putting in my portfolio, but it is worth sharing here because it will be nice to see track my own progress.


Long Horns 
After


The issues I had:

This image was WAY over exposed. I shot this at a F/7.1, I think. I used an ND filter, which I have never used even on my film camera. I like it, but I still have a lot to learn about the finer points of its uses. I spent just a few minutes in photoshop and it really made all the difference. It took the image below and made it presentable.

Long Horns
Before

No comments:

Post a Comment