Sunday, January 8, 2012

FAITH FORWARD MN

Hello,

This is my first post of 2012. Sorry I have been away for so long, the new year has brought a lot of opportunity into my life and I am very thankful.

I wanted to take a moment to tell you about a new and exciting project I am working on here in Minneapolis.

Faith Forward MN is a documentary and a social justice project surrounding the 2012 same sex marriage amendment which would define marriage as between one man and one woman in the state of Minnesota. The focus of this project is the faith-based fight against this amendment and the role religion plays in the gay rights debate here in Minnesota.

I consider it an honor to work for such a worthy project as I am, and always have been, an equal rights supporter for the LGBTQ community. I have many gay friends and neighbors that I cherish very much. They are some of the smartest, kindest, most inspirational people I have ever known and I have no doubt that each will become the next leader in their field. These are people who offered their hand to me when I was in need, and I am obligated by my morality and by my fair mind, to fight for the rights of my friends, neighbors and fellow Americans.

Even if you are not from Minnesota, even if you are not an American, I hope you will join the fight to defeat all those that DENY basic human rights to our fellow citizens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment